Thursday, August 23, 2007

Update on my first book signing.

My first book signing went great! The best part of all was the fact that my family showed up in full force. I had family from Maryland as well as North Carolina there to support me. On the outside, everyone could see my smile, but, on the inside, my spirit was leaping with limitless joy! Let me tell you why. Sometimes we have a need or a hunger that we sometimes can't identify. All we know is that something is missing. Well, I had a hunger and I was fed until I couldn't take anymore. That hunger was "fellowship." There is nothing like fellowship. Have you ever tasted a certain food and as soon as it touched your taste buds, you were reminded of how much you missed it. It tasted so good that it made you reminisce about old times. You begin to smile and maybe even started to dance a little bit. Well, that's how I felt today. Oh, by the way, I sold some books, too. I almost forgot about that part. I got caught up in all of the loooove! I would like to thank my co-workers, Baltimore's Finest, for supporting me. I would also like to thank my former commander, but, present friend and mentor Neil Franklin for once again supporting me in one of my many endeavors. What more can I ask for? I don't know if I can handle Volume 2. Just kidding. If you know me, you know that volume 2 is already on the way. I keep trying to tell people that God is up to something in law enforcement! Stay tuned! One last thing. I would like to say Happy Birthday to my brother Curtis!!! He's also a new daddy, too!!! If anybody out there needs a part-time job, I think my brother is hiring. He's looking for an on- call PCE. "Pamper Changing Engineer." Ha Ha

3 comments:

Old Plod said...

Hi Eugene, I am pleased to say that your signed copy of Shift Change arrived safely in this morning's mail. It did not take long to come across the Big Pond! Thanks for your prompt despatch. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your testimony. It filled me with great joy and happiness too, many sincere congratulations. I cannot wait to lend it to my friends and former colleagues including my own priest.

I found it truly amazing that in my comments on your Strict Obediance posting I mentioned Isaiah 59:1 "the arm of the Lord is not too short to save".....anyone. Lo and behold when I read your Roadblocks Day 7 what did I find? Isaiah 59:2 "Your sins are the roadblock between you and your God. That's why he doesn't answer your prayers, or let you see his face" I agree with you the Lord is surely up to something in law enforcement.

I particularly enjoyed Weight Loss, is life gained Day 4. Jesus said, "Come unto me all that travail and are heavy laden and I will refresh you"

Best of all for me though was Day 5 Cover or Concealment and your umbrella analogy. That summed it all up in a nutshell. With your consent I will use that metaphor myself but always with gratitude you. I look forward to Volume 2 in due course.

Grace, mercy and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord be with you always, David (Old Plod of Plympton,City of Plymouth, UK)

Eugene Fields, Jr. said...

Thanks David. Your comments continue to encourage me to continue with this project. If you are interested, I would like for you to listen in and even be a special guest on my blag radio talk show. Next thursday, August 30th at 10:00am my time here in Maryland, I begin the "testimony series" where officers, worldwide, can call in to the show and give there testimony about what God has been doing through them or for them in law enforcement. Can you imagine, police worldwide, giving testiony,encouraging, and praying for each other. I believe that it's gonna be great! Sort of like, sitting around, having some tea, and talking about the goodness of the Lord and encouraging, not just police, but all people, worldwide! You can get to my talk show link from my blog page or my web page. Let me know what you think.

Eugene Fields, Jr. said...

I noticed two typing errors in my last comment. It should read, "my blog radio talk show and not blag radio talk show." Also, I forgot the "m" in testimony. That may be no big deal to most, but, I believe that when you're doing something for the King of Kings, even the little things matter, and it should be done with a spirit of excellence!